The Mariposa Blog
Friday, August 10, 2012
A Brief Introduction to the Lip Care Industry
Recently, I noticed that each week we receive more requests to develop lip care products.
Lip Balm, Lip Gloss, Lip Scrub, Lip Lotion, Lip Area Line Filler, and more Lip Balm.
I’m a big fan of all types of lip products, but could this really be a growth market? Yes, it is! Miguel researched and found out that our customer trend is truly indicative of the overall Lip Care industry (please see market information below).
Stay tuned for more Lip Product Info, Surveys and Blogs from Mariposa Labs!
A quick intro to the Lip Care Industry:
- Projected to reach $1.7 billion by 2015 - Worldwide.
- The growth is primarily driven by growing awareness among consumers regarding protection of lips from harsh weather conditions, increasing demand for lip care products containing organic ingredients, and surging usage of lip care products by men.
- Introduction of innovative products that offer multi-functional benefits are fueling market growth.
- Developed markets of Europe and North America continue to be traditional market leaders in the industry.
- The United States trail Europe in terms of lip care product sales.
- Asia-Pacific, has the highest growth potential.
- Growth wise, Asia-Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing regional market for lip care products, with a CAGR of about 6.4% over the analysis period.
Director of Business Development
Mariposa Labs LLC